As online reputation management evolves as a necessity for companies doing business on the web, taking proactive measures can keep you ahead of the curve while keeping negative content at bay.
Here are 5 steps to protecting your business’ brands online:
- It’s likely that you’ll be seen first online which equates to making a good first impressions. Take look on a regular basis so that you can see what people searching for your products/services see. If there is room for improvement, start making changes as soon as possible. Changes can include joining social networks, doing press releases, writing articles, and posting blogs.
- Know your audience – Understanding your target visitor will give you insight into how they’re searching for you and what they experience during that search. Make further improvements as you move through the process as seen by your audience. This activity helps protect and build your brand while also increasing sales.
- Push negative search results off of the front pages of the search engines – Negative search results, especially if there are a few of them, can cause severe damage to your brand and your bottom line. Pushing content past page three in search results will keep it out of the view of 99% of searches. Create search engine optimized content to start occupying the top rankings and the negative content will begin a downward drift. The further down it goes the less chance it has of being seen by your potential customers.
- Set alerts to track what is being posted about your company – Free tools abound here, with one of the easiest ones being Google Alerts. The service alerts you whenever the search terms you have selected are indexed by Google. This is a great way to stay on top of news stories, comments, blogs, and articles.
- Develop a social media presence – Social media sites offer countless ways to participate with your audience, post content, and get featured for results when a web search is performed.
These steps can help you to proactively protect and build your brand. For more on managing your company’s online reputation, visit: http://www.reputationmanagementllc.com/ or call (866) 530 7703.