When a negative online reputation crisis hits, the key is to act efficiently and effectively. Here’s how your company can overcome an attack its reputation.
- If you don’t have a crisis plan in place already, develop one asap. The longer it takes for you to respond, the more extensive the damage will probably be.
- When an internet based reputation crisis hits, evaluate the gravity of the attack scenario by determining the degree of the credibility of the published material. A credible attack will be handled differently than one that is not based in reality.
- Get ready to start publishing content for distribution across the web. This will ultimately play a significant role in getting negative content off of the front pages of the search engines.
- If the attacker is anonymous or using a fake handle, try to find the identity of the person and attempt to determine his standing. If it’s a competitive strike your response will be different than if it is a legitimate complaint.
- If the complaint is legit and apologies are in order, have them come from top management. The problem will be resolved significantly faster in this way.
- If your side has taken actions to correct the situation, then your customers should know about it. Corrective actions will go a long way toward rebuilding customer confidence. Also, the thread will be left incomplete if you don’t reply and provide some sort of accounting of how the problem was fixed.
- Don’t hesitate to hire professional support from a solid online reputation management company to push negative feedback from the top positions of the search result pages. The upside of this is that the negative content will be replaced by positive content that you control.
Effectively overcoming a negative online reputation crisis can be done as long as actions are put into place quickly and efficiently. Hiring professional assistance from an online reputation management firm may be advisable especially if the attack is determined to be coming from a corporate competitor. For more information, visit: http://www.reputationmanagementllc.com/ or call (866) 530 7703.